Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Mid November updates...

I think I see the sun peaking out, maybe we'll have some afterall! Mornings are cool in the milkroom (actually milk area). We don't have heat out there, so it makes you get extra efficient with chore time! Last year we did roof in the area that will be our milkroom- directly behind the barn. Later this winter my husband is hoping to get wall and floors (concrete) in. We'll see. We pay as we go, and concrete is expensive. All according to God's will and timing.... Goaties are doing well however, starting to decide who to go ahead and dry off, and who I want to keep milking longer for their milk records etc. Had test this week, so Rosine ought to be over 4000 pounds. We'll have hardcopy reports probably late next week... We think we are done breeding, unless someone recycles.... We have decided to keep Zana Hosanna as a dry yearling... Have a 4Her coming later today to look at our togg bred doelings, perhaps to get one as a project goat... We certainly don't need 5 bred togg doelings :)!

Praise God I finished my first reflexology level last night. One more book, my labs (work on the feet of 8 people weekly for 5 weeks and charting it), and the final test and I'll have the coursework done. Then to look into Oregon's final licensing requirements/fees.... I have already learned so much! helped a neighbor's knee feel immediatly better this week- didn't even touch her knee :). After that my husband decided I could help him with his chronic tendonitis. That will take longer due to it's chronic nature. But he could immedidately feel improvement in pain and movement... So it's all fun.... and helpful too. Fearfully and wonderfully made we are for sure! Iridology, I am just sending off for my exam in level one today. It ought to be here later next week. So the remainder of this week and next week will involve a lot of study time for that... That field, as well, is just simply AMAZING! It' s also fascinating to me to see how the herbalism, reflexology, aromatherapy and iridology info overlaps back and forth. Could indicate a same Creator me thinks... ;O) Aromatherapy exam results have come in and looks like I did well, so that certification is on it's way. I'll have to look into Oregon requirments on that. I'm not sure if I can practice with an Aromatherapist title in this state without a LMT license... I'll find out later... Interesting how some alternatives are regulated by licensing and some are not (like herbalism as it's not recognized by the govt)...

After a lot of research, we have released a new tincture this week- one that gives the support needed in cases of lungworm, liver fluke, and menengial worm (deer) problems. It actually doesn't taste THAT bad. Bad yes, That Bad, no. Yes, I do taste and try everything I make...

Speaking at the Oregon Meat Goat Breeders conference was fine. Nice group of people, and the fact that the conference was local was bonus for me :). No overnights :). We may have two speaking engagements coming out of contacts the Lord made from this one. We'll see. It's up to Him. I'm certainly in no rush for those!

Flus are making their rounds and I'm getting local calls for herbal help on those. The media has people so scared. Aware is good. Scared is not.... As flus go, the most media-ized one is not a bad flu as far as flus go, so nothing to panic over, but certainly flus should never be ignored either...

I hope this finds everyone doing well! And a very Happy Thanksgiving! Even though this world appears to be getting more strange, we reallly really do have so very much to Thank God for.

Blessings, Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment